Study Solutions Lab
Study skills are the techniques successful students use to achieve educational goals. They include adapting to learning styles, organizing course materials, managing time, taking lecture notes, learning from textbooks, and performing well on tests and exams.
Our ACE academic coaches use self-assessments and questionnaires to help you identify your strengths and challenges as learners and to develop plans specific to your current assignments.
You can drop in or sign up for individual sessions with ACE to learn effective study skills. Explore these links for more self-assessment and study strategies:
- Online Writing Center and Study Solutions Lab
- The SQ3R Method of Textbook Study
- Academic Skills œ Active Studying
- Learning Styles Self-Assessment
- Characteristics and Strategies by Channel Preference
- Taking Good Lecture Notes
- Managing Your Time
- Mastering Your Textbook
- Kinesthetic/Tactile Learners
- Memory Improvement Tips
- Your Notetaking Know-How
- Different Study Techniques
- Returning to School as an Older Student
- Quiz: How Can Your Study Better?
- Quiz: Do You Use These Smart Strategies?
- Test Anxiety Strategies
Academic Center for Excellence
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.