Math Lab and Study Resources
ACE’s professional math tutors can help you with math issues. Call us at 603-230-4027 for details, or email NHTIace@ccsnh.edu to learn more.
- Receive help with problems and prepare for tests.
- Learn to use graphing calculators and other computer resources.
- Improve understanding of concepts being taught.
- Fill gaps in your background.
- Reinforce good math study skills.
Worksheets on Difficult Subjects
Dealing With Math Anxiety
Math Study and Test Taking Tips
CD and Video Lecture Series
The NHTI Learning Commons Library offers videos (on CD) of math textbook authors lecturing on the textbook topics and doing sample problems. Ask at the Circulation desk. Most math textbooks have this resource. There is also a video calculus lecture series available for loan.
General Pre-Algebra Lessons
Specific Math Topics
Ask a Math Question
Web Math is both a tutorial and a place to enter a problem you cannot yet solve. It will solve the problem, explaining all the steps. Download a demo copy of their PC software. If you like it, you can order the software to have on your PC and use without going on the Web ($29.99).
Take a Math Tutorial
- Khan Academy
This site has tutorials and quizzes in all types of math, from elementary to college calculus, and many other science and social science topics.
- Cool Math
This site has tutoring in all types of math, from elementary to college calculus, plus some nice explanations of algebra concepts.
- Algebra and Geometry
This site has lessons in basic algebra (absolute value, exponents, GCF, percents, scientific notation) and basic geometry (triangles, parallelograms, circles, etc).
Use your TI83+/TI84+ Plus Graphing Calculator
- How to Translate English into Algebra
- Gauss-Jordan Method of Solving Systems of Equations Theory
- Calculus I
- Rules for Logs
- Kinesthetic/Tactile Learners
- Learning the Calculator Mode of the TI-83 Plus
- Learning the Calculator Mode of the TI-84 Plus
- Graphing Calculator Instructions TI-83, TI 83+, TI 84+
- Evaluating Linear Equations
- Solving Linear Equations Graphically
- Linear Regression Analysis
- Producing a Reduced Row Echelon Form (RREF) Matrix Using the TI-83+
- Intermediate Algebra–MT123
Academic Center for Excellence
Hours: M-F, 8 a.m.-7 p.m.